How to Make Yummy Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom)
Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom). Super Easy Lor Mai Gai Recipe Lo Mai Gai is a popular and super tasty dimsum dish of steamed glutinous rice topped with Chinese sausage and dark soy sauce chicken and mushrooms. Glutinous rice, also known as sweet or sticky rice can be easily purchased at any Asian grocery store..
Add some fried shallots and mushroom slices, a few slices of Chinese sausages and seasoned chicken and pork slices. Fill up with glutinous rice and press down with a ladle. Turn over the rice bowl onto a plate and serve Loh Mai Kai. easy lo mai gai glutinous rice chicken. You can cook Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom)
- Prepare 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- You need 2 of boneless thighs.
- You need 6 of Chinese mushrooms.
- You need 1 of lapcheong (Chinese sausage).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 of egg (optional).
- It’s of Glutinous Rice Seasoning.
- You need 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fried shallot oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water x2.
- You need of Chicken Marinade.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chinese cookong wine.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Some recipes require cooking the glutinous rice first, then steam the rice after assembling the cooked rice with chicken and other ingredients. Place chicken, mushrooms, shrimps and lap cheong into the pot of your rice cooker or a large non-stick cooking pot. It has been a long time since I had a good one. The Siew Pau stall sold this.
Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) step by step
- Rinse and soak glutinous rice for at least 6 hours, then drain. (Note: This helps to soften the rice).
- Marinate chicken, soak mushrooms. Slice mushrooms and lapcheong to stir fry in garlic and oil..
- Boil egg and slice into 6 wedges. Stir fry chicken with marinade..
- Heat up oil in pan to fry the glutinous rice in seasoning and 1/2 cup of water till fragrant. Add the other 1/2 cup of water at the end to stand for a bit..
- Put some chicken, mushrooms, lapcheong and an egg wedge into each bowl. Then add glutinous rice. Place bowls into steamer..
- Pour leftover sauce from chicken into each bowl and steaming for about 30 minutes. Topple bowl contents onto a plate to serve..
Lo Mai Gai is the transliteration of 糯米鸡 in Cantonese, which means steamed glutinous rice with In Hong Kong, you will be served with the glutinous rice and chicken wrapped in lotus leaves. This is Malaysian style glutinous chicken rice (Lor Mai Kai – 糯米鸡) that I grew up eating. In the old days, it was common to Lor mai kai is without salted egg yolk originally, but I added salted egg yolk as T loves salted egg yolk very much. Also, I have left out Chinese sausage this time, no stock on hand. 'Lo mai gai' or chinese steamed glutinous rice with chicken, mushrooms and Chinese sausages is a common dim sum dish. Chinese Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken, Lor Mai Kai, 糯米鸡.